If you have the 3rings Plug delivered directly to your loved one you can activate the plug remotely.
Setting Up your 3rings Plug Remotely:
1) You need the Plug activation code:
The email telling you that the plug was on its way should have the activation code. If not contact 3rings they can tell you the activation code of your new plug
2) Via a web browser go to 3rings.co.uk
3) Click the yellow activate button.
4) Choose "I dont have a 3rings Account"
Now follow the on-screen instructions:
5) Enter your Activation Code and give the plug a name eg Dads Kettle and click next
6) Create a 3rings account - this is your account and this will make you the prime organiser.
7) Create a Household - the name of the House where the plug will be installed
8) Now create an event , this is the time that we check that we see activity - Give this an event name and choose a time window eg Dads morning tea 7am to 11am
In this example you will get All OK messages or alerts at 11am.
Click next and all is done:
9) Now Click : Go to Household.
When the plug arrives, ask your loved one to plug it into the socket that it is going to be used in.
The plug will start flashing Orange as it tries to connect to the mobile network, after about a minute it will go steady green to signify all is OK and then after a minute the light goes off as long as everything is OK.
Should the light go Red, unplug the plug wait 20s and do it again. If the plug doesn’t go green call 3rings.
Now plug in the appliance into the 3rings plug - everything is ready.
Suspending the Event until the Plug arrives.
Now you have set up the plug remotely you may get false alerts until the plug arrives so we recommend that you suspend the event.
From the household screen
a) Click Suspend Events
b) Suspend All Immediately
Once you know the plug is installed the login to you account go to the new household and unsuspend the events