Yes, up to 10 other people can receive your 3rings messages and alerts, and can also resolve those alerts. This is a great way to make sure someone checks on your loved one promptly if an alert is raised.
- We call these people who receive your 3rings messages and alerts your Family & Friends.
- Before your Family & Friends can get started using 3rings, you need to invite them through the 3rings website.
- You’ll need to know the email address of each person you want to invite.
- Once your Family & Friends receive the 3rings invitation, they can create their own 3rings username and password for free
- Family & Friends choose how and when they wish to be contacted. Their notification preferences and contact details are kept separately from yours.
Inviting Family & Friends
Follow these steps to invite Family & Friends to 3rings. You’ll need to use a web browser on a phone, tablet, or computer, since it’s not yet possible to invite Family & Friends via the 3rings app.
- Log in to the 3rings portal by selecting either ‘log in’ or ‘portal’ on the 3rings home page.
- Choose the household you’d like to invite people to.
- The household opens and shows recent activity and alerts. Select the details tab below the household’s name.
- Select the manage button next to the family & friends section title.
- Select invite more family & friends
- Select Add family & friends, then invite someone new (if you have more than one household, you can also invite Family & Friends from your other households to help out on this one by selecting them in this list).
- Enter the name of the person you’d like to invite, and and their email address in the new row that appears (note: if you added someone from another one of your households in step 6, you do not need to provide their email address, as 3rings already knows how to contact them).
- If you want to invite more than one person, repeat steps 6 and 7 until you’ve added the details of everyone you want to invite. Once you’re done adding details, select next.
- Optionally, enter a short message to include in the invitation emails, then choose send. You’ll see a message confirming that your invitations have been sent. Choose finish.
If you receive an error at this point, please double-check that the email addresses you entered have been formatted correctly.
- You can see which invitations are still awaiting a reply, and which have been accepted. If you need to cancel an invitation, or re-send the invitation (either to the same email address, or to a different one), you can do so using the reinvite and remove buttons next to each invitation that’s still awaiting a reply. If you want to remove someone who’s accepted an invitation, or change the name they’re known by within the household, use the edit or remove buttons next to each accepted invitation.
In order to complete the process of joining the household as part of your Family & Friends, each invitee needs to follow the instructions in the email that 3rings sent them. If they need help, you can point them to our guide to responding to invitations, or they can contact 3rings support.